Skip to main content

Fashion Apps, Buy and Sell, Make Money

I just stumbled upon some great apps to make some extra money or to reinvest into new items.  My recent obsessions of bras and cowboy boots had me looking for places to buy some of those things for reasonable prices and to sell things I'm no longer wearing or using.

I downloaded quite a few to check out but here are my favorites at this point in time.

Poshmark  Sign up using code JRRPA to get $10 towards your first purchase, I've also seen them offer discounted shipping along with this offer.

This is definitely more fashion oriented although I have seen a few other things including some electronics.  If you sell on Poshmark, they do take a percentage of the the sale price I believe it is 20%, and if you are buying you might want to try to find a seller with a few items you would like to buy so you can get more for you shipping cost which is a standard fee of $5.95, I wish there were other shipping options like Mercari has.  I can ship a bra a a tshirt for about $2.60 and hate the thought of spending $6 just for shipping on one item.  Still there are a lot of great prices and depending on what you are looking at $6 may be somewhat negligible.

One great feature of Poshmark is that they have a "make offer" button so you can quickly and easily make an offer on an item.  As a seller you receive the offer and can quickly accept, decline, or counter.  This is a great feature especially if you are like me and like to feel like you are getting the best price possible.

So far I have only bought off of Poshmark, but I do have some items listed as well, just no buyers yet. 


Mercari Sign up using code ESBYAF to receive $2 free for you first purchase

Mercari is newer than Poshmark, but still has a lot of items listed. The great thing about Mercari is that it is currently not charging a fee on your sold items so you get to keep the full selling price to yourself.  Another great thing is it allows you to choose the shipping method and whether the buyer will pay or you will cover shipping.  I prefer to cover the shipping on smaller items since I can use PayPal to print the label and get a bit of a discount, since I mostly sell bras most of my shipping costs around $2.60.  Even if you choose to print your  label through Mercari it still allows you to choose if the buyer or seller will pay.  I know I hate factoring shipping costs into the cost of an item I'm buying so I'm sure others do as well, so I like to cover the cost of items that I can ship cheaply.

Currenlty Mercari doesn't have a "make offer" button so all offers have to be done through the comments on an item. The downside to this is that everyone can see what offers are taking place and you have to edit your listing to reflect the new price.  Changing the price of the item also means that the person you were negotiating with might not be the one to get the item for the newly agreed upon price.  I'm sure it is somewhat uncommon for someone to be sniping price reductions, but it could happen.  This way also takes longer and just isn't as efficient as a "make offer" button.

So far I have sold a couple of items on Mercari, but haven't purchased yet. 

I have downloaded several other apps, but I haven't bought or sold on them and and some I haven't kept on my phone long enough to write about.  Some of the other apps had lack of selection of what I was looking for and others weren't as user friendly.   

I hope this article is helpful and good luck in your shopping and selling ventures.  I would appreciate it if you can use my referral codes to sign up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skechers Cali Memory Foam Wedge Sandal

  I haven't owned a pair of good wedge sandals in years.  I am super picky about wedge sandals and most the new styles I don't care for either because of aesthetics, or comfort reasons.  Many of the current wedge offerings with thse type straps extend back towards the heel which I hate the look of, and others are just to hard of a footbed, or the shoe is very heavy. The Skechers Cali Memory Foam wedges have a very soft footbed (made of you guessed it.. Memory Foam), they are super cushy while still being supportive.  I have high arches and finding shoes can be a challenge for me, although I have great luck with most Skechers especially those with the memory foam, because it can conform to my foot.  These wedges do have a visible arch support on the footbed.  They are a fairly low heel at about 2 inches, I normally would prefer higher, but heel height is one area I'm more willing to compromise. Another great feature is that sandals are very lightw...

Banquette Seating from Ikea Kallax

I wanted a corner banquette in my eat in kitchen,but couldn't find anything I really liked. I decided to look into making one myself, after doing some research I chose to use the Ikea Kallax Shelving/Cubbie. The dimensions work really well for the space I have in my kitchen too. I chose to buiild my base first, so I could get accurate measurements to purchase your materials. Here are the materials you will need to make your cushion. Plywood- cut to size of your bench (Home Depot and Lowes can cut to size for free) I used 1/2 inch Foam- I used 2 inch (buy at any craft store, check for sales and coupons, foam isn't cheap) Quiters Batting- this is nice because it will hold together the foam and wood, and cover the bottom of the wood so you don't scratch your bench. Fabric- I was able to cover both benches with 2 yards of 54" wide fabric (my bench is 57.75" X 15.5") Tools: Staple Gun Hammer- for any staples that don't go in all the way Flat Head...

Skechers Reggae-Rasta Outdoor Lifestyle Sandal

I'm normally not a much of a sandal person aside from wedge sandals, which until my recent pair (also from Skechers), I haven't worn sandals for the past few years with  my old favorites being long past their life expectancy.  I had worked an event promoting Chaco Sandals and got a pair for free from working the event (gotta love my job). I was actually quite looking forward to trying the Chacos after seeing rave reviews and seeing they are podiatrist recommended and also a suggested sandal for Plantar Fascitis (not sure if I have it, but my mom does, and I do have high arches and get occasional symptoms of it). I worked the 3 day event in the Chacos both Z2 sandals and the Chaco Outcross (open air shoe/sandal hybrid), and while the arch support was great (almost too high even for me), the footbed was stiff.  I felt constant pressure on my arches especially in the sandals, in the Outcross, I felt the arch wasn't quite in the right spot, but still a very stiff footbe...