Skip to main content

Spray It Hard Hairspray

I finally got around to trying Spray it Hard Hair Spray. I straightened my hair and normally with a bit of rain or humidity it will curl and frizz. I was going to be outside all day and decided to give it a really good test, and it was humid out and it rained a bit. I ended up putting a hat on and pulling my hair back. I got home this evening and took the hat off and let my hair down, and it wasn't flat or greasy, it still looked almost the same as when I styled it this morning other than a slight crease from a hair tie. It also didn't make my hair crunchy like a lot of hair sprays. I will be using this a lot more often, I'm very curious to see how well it will hold in curls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skechers Cali Memory Foam Wedge Sandal

  I haven't owned a pair of good wedge sandals in years.  I am super picky about wedge sandals and most the new styles I don't care for either because of aesthetics, or comfort reasons.  Many of the current wedge offerings with thse type straps extend back towards the heel which I hate the look of, and others are just to hard of a footbed, or the shoe is very heavy. The Skechers Cali Memory Foam wedges have a very soft footbed (made of you guessed it.. Memory Foam), they are super cushy while still being supportive.  I have high arches and finding shoes can be a challenge for me, although I have great luck with most Skechers especially those with the memory foam, because it can conform to my foot.  These wedges do have a visible arch support on the footbed.  They are a fairly low heel at about 2 inches, I normally would prefer higher, but heel height is one area I'm more willing to compromise. Another great feature is that sandals are very lightw...

Banquette Seating from Ikea Kallax

I wanted a corner banquette in my eat in kitchen,but couldn't find anything I really liked. I decided to look into making one myself, after doing some research I chose to use the Ikea Kallax Shelving/Cubbie. The dimensions work really well for the space I have in my kitchen too. I chose to buiild my base first, so I could get accurate measurements to purchase your materials. Here are the materials you will need to make your cushion. Plywood- cut to size of your bench (Home Depot and Lowes can cut to size for free) I used 1/2 inch Foam- I used 2 inch (buy at any craft store, check for sales and coupons, foam isn't cheap) Quiters Batting- this is nice because it will hold together the foam and wood, and cover the bottom of the wood so you don't scratch your bench. Fabric- I was able to cover both benches with 2 yards of 54" wide fabric (my bench is 57.75" X 15.5") Tools: Staple Gun Hammer- for any staples that don't go in all the way Flat Head...

Skechers Reggae-Rasta Outdoor Lifestyle Sandal

I'm normally not a much of a sandal person aside from wedge sandals, which until my recent pair (also from Skechers), I haven't worn sandals for the past few years with  my old favorites being long past their life expectancy.  I had worked an event promoting Chaco Sandals and got a pair for free from working the event (gotta love my job). I was actually quite looking forward to trying the Chacos after seeing rave reviews and seeing they are podiatrist recommended and also a suggested sandal for Plantar Fascitis (not sure if I have it, but my mom does, and I do have high arches and get occasional symptoms of it). I worked the 3 day event in the Chacos both Z2 sandals and the Chaco Outcross (open air shoe/sandal hybrid), and while the arch support was great (almost too high even for me), the footbed was stiff.  I felt constant pressure on my arches especially in the sandals, in the Outcross, I felt the arch wasn't quite in the right spot, but still a very stiff footbe...